To the end that the people of North Dakota may receive excellence in health care, the North Dakota Academy of Family Physicians has for its objectives and purposes the following:
- To establish an organization of family physicians and general practitioners of medicine to promote and maintain high standards of the family and general practice of medicine;
- To encourage and assist young men and women in preparing, qualifying, and establishing themselves in family medicine;
- To preserve the right of the family physician, to engage in medical and surgical procedures for which he is qualified by training and experience;
- To assist in providing postgraduate study courses for family physicians and general practitioners, and to encourage and assist practicing physicians in participating in such training;
- To promote the science and art of medicine and surgery and the betterment of the public health, and to preserve the right of free choice of physician to the patient;
- To acknowledge and assume responsible public advocacy in all health-related matters.